Why Have Home Insurance in Pennsylvania?
Unlike other types of insurance, home insurance is not required by law. However, you may be required to have home insurance if your mortgage lender requires it. You should consider having home insurance because it protects both your home and belongings if they are damaged. There is also liability protection. As a homeowner, you face several challenges, such as fires, theft, and vandalism, that can cause significant damage.
Types of Coverage Available in Pennsylvania
There are some basic home insurance types to cover your property and your belongings, and you want to make sure you are covered for your unique situation. An agent at Bush Insurance can help make sure you have the coverage you need.
- Personal Liability: With personal liability coverage, you get help with your legal defense against a liability claim. The coverage will also pay for damage you are responsible for causing. For example, if your pet bites a visitor, then personal liability would help with paying for the damage.
- Dwelling Coverage: This protects your home and the structures attached to it. Covered property includes your roof, walls, flooring, siding, and your air and heating system. Make sure you choose the right amount of coverage to help rebuild your home in the event of a total loss.
- Personal Property: This coverage protects your personal belongings, such as appliances, clothing, and furniture. Doing a home inventory can help you choose the right amount of coverage. Most people have more in their home than they think.
- Other Structures Insurance: If you have additional structures on your property, such as garages, gazebos, or your pool, you can get insurance to protect them from vandalism or fire.
- Loss of Use: If you aren’t able to live in your home after a covered loss, then this insurance can help you with your additional expenses, such as a hotel stay.
- Medical Payments: This option will protect you if someone is injured at your property and has some resulting medical bills. You don’t need to be held responsible for it to payout.
Contact Bush Insurance to get a quote on home insurance.